Canada North Environmental Services
Kitsaki supports environmentally responsible mining and industrial developments. The traditional territory of the Lac La Ronge Indian Band encompasses much of Northern Saskatchewan. It is an incredibly beautiful area with endless opportunities for photography, fishing, hiking, hunting, canoeing, etc. The beauty evolves through the Six Seasons of the Woods Cree. These seasons are Spring, Break-up, Summer, Fall, Freeze-up, and Winter.
Through all six seasons, CanNorth works to monitor and protect the environment, not just in Saskatchewan but across Canada. CanNorth’s experienced interdisciplinary team offers the technical skills and knowledge to protect the environment, satisfy regulatory requirements, benefit our clients, and support local communities. We assist clients on projects from inception to completion, and on an as-needed basis, providing a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including:
- – Environmental project proposals, scoping, and study design
- – Environmental assessments and baseline inventory studies
- – Environmental protection and mitigation plans
- – Hydrological and biological studies
- – Risk assessment
- – Heritage resource impact assessments and mitigation
- – Permitting and regulatory liaison services
- – Community-based monitoring and training
- – Stakeholder and rights-holder engagement
- – Socio-economic impact assessment and mitigation
To the best of our knowledge, CanNorth is the only First Nation owned consulting company in North America to obtain ISO 9001:2015 (quality management), ISO 14001:2015 (environmental stewardship), and ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety) International Standard certifications. CanNorth is also a Certificate of Recognition (COR) program certified company, a member of ISNetworld, and a CCAB Certified Aboriginal Business.